Scheduling & Visits
Depending on the type of care you are receiving, visits may be able to be performed via telehealth. This means they can be conducted by phone, or virtually using our secure video channel if you choose.
Patients have email contact with their Idaho Brain And Body Institute provider team. However, if an email question or request is deemed by one of our staff to be too complicated or involved for a response via email they may, at their discretion, require that the member schedule a phone, telemedicine or in person visit instead of responding via email. While we do our best to answer all questions within 24 hours please allow 72 business hours for a response. If multiple emails are sent a week than you will be asked to schedule an in-office visits.
At Idaho Brain and Body Institute our focus is you. You want time to be heard and listened to, this cannot be done in 5-10 minute office visits. We set aside 30-75 minutes per visit with our patients. We request you only schedule visits you know you can make. If for any reason you are unable to make your appointment, a 48 hour business notice is required for all visits except the initial visit which is 72 business hours. If proper notice is not given you will be charged 50% of the visit missed and this has to be paid before rescheduling. At the time you schedule your initial appointment a non-refundable deposit is due.
Billing & Insurance
We are not primary care providers as we are unable to meet urgent requests or perform sick care.
It is important to note the following:
1. We are not available for same-day acute emergency appointments, please call 911 or your primary care doctor.
2. We do not have a 24-hour answering service and do not take calls on weekends. If you need to be seen urgently or have a medical emergency you would need to visit an ER or urgent care center.
We believe our patients deserve exceptional care and not just standard care. Insurance is used for sick visits, surgeries, and emergencies. It is not used to optimize health.
Insurance is not meant to put someone back into an optimal state of health but into an acceptable state. Our patients deserve better and should be able to reach their maximum health potential.
For this reason Idaho Brain and Body Institute is an out of network provider with all insurances. Payment is due as service is rendered.
Non-Idaho Brain And Body Institute medical expenses such as lab tests and prescription medications may be covered by a member’s health insurance plan per that plan’s rules.
Idaho Brain And Body Institute will not submit a medical claim to insurance, but can provide super-bills or statements for individuals who wish to submit for possible reimbursement themselves. We cannot assist you with claim resolution for our services.
We will provide you with a detailed billing summary that you may submit to your insurance for reimbursement (if you have Medicare you are not allowed to submit for reimbursement due to federal laws). There may be procedures or lab tests that are not covered depending on your plan’s rules.
- Some lab tests we offer as part of our functional medicine testing program may not be covered by insurance and in these cases you will be charged a fee for a particular test by the lab or through Idaho Brain And Body Institute.
- The specific tests ordered will be personalized to you based on your initial evaluation with an Idaho Brain And Body Institute doctor and may include blood saliva urine or stool testing.
- We will make every effort to make you fully aware of any additional lab fees that may be incurred and to give you the opportunity to choose which lab tests you feel comfortable paying for.
- You are under no obligation to purchase any specialty testing, unless you have committed to a customized care program requiring specialty testing.
- Should any lab results indicate you may need further traditional testing you will be directed to continue care with your primary care physician or a relevant specialist, or should you choose you may continue to work with your Idaho Brain And Body Institute physician.
- At home test kits: If a lab test kit is mailed to you by Idaho Brain And Body Institute, you will be charged the day the kit is mailed.
- If your particular insurance company only pays for blood work done at a particular lab facility like LabCorp, you must inform us of this in advance of having blood work done. Most insurance plans cover labs done by major national labs – however, we do have self pay prices available for most labs.