Scheduling & Visits
All initial visits must be in person. After the first visit, all follow up visits can be conducted by phone or virtually using our secure video channel if you choose.
Patients have email contact with their Idaho Brain And Body Institute provider team. However, if an email question or request is deemed by one of our staff to be too complicated or involved for a response via email they may, at their discretion, require that the member schedule a phone, telemedicine or in person visit instead of responding via email. While we do our best to answer all questions within 24 hours please allow 72 business hours for a response. If multiple emails are sent a week than you will be asked to schedule an in-office visits.
Why Do We Have Cancellation Fees?
We provide a different level of care. We believe you deserve individualized care and this cannot be done in 5-10 minute office visits. We spend between 30-75 minutes per visit with our patients. In order to provide this level of care it is important that appointments are kept.
Initial visits are scheduled for 75 minutes. Due to the length of time spent a deposit is required to schedule and is non-refundable. If you have to re-schedule your deposit will be applied to your initial visit if the proper notice is given.
For routine office visits 72 business hours must be given. If the appropriate notice is not given a cancellation fee is applied.
Brain Therapy sessions require notice the Monday of the week prior to receiving care to cancel or re-schedule. If proper notice isn’t given cancellation fee will apply for all sessions.
Billing & Insurance
At present time we only do primary care work for diabetics and chronic disease management. Any acute care or requests we are unable to fulfill those needs.
It is important to note the following however:
1. Dr. Zimmerman is In-Network with Blue Cross and we are able to provide you the information you need to seek reimbursement with your insurance. If you have Medicaid or Medicare you are not able to submit to your insurance for reimbursement.
2. We are not available for same-day acute emergency appointments, please call 911 or your primary care doctor.
3. We do not have a 24-hour answering service and do not take calls on weekends. If you need to be seen urgently or have a medical emergency you would need to visit an ER or urgent care center.
If your insurance is not accepted we do not bill out to your insurance. Payment is due at the time services are rendered. Even if we are able to bill your insurance many of our services are considered optional and are considered self-pay.
Non-Idaho Brain And Body Institute medical expenses such as lab tests and prescription medications may be covered by a member’s health insurance plan per that plan’s rules.
Idaho Brain And Body Institute will not submit a medical claim to insurance on your behalf if we are not in-network. We cannot assist you with claim resolution for our services.
We will provide you with a detailed billing summary that you may submit to your insurance for reimbursement (if you have Medicare you are not allowed to submit for reimbursement due to federal laws). There may be procedures or lab tests that are not covered depending on your plan’s rules.
- Most lab tests ordered by a Idaho Brain And Body Institute physician will be billed directly to your insurance by the lab.
- Some lab tests we offer as part of our functional medicine testing program may not be covered by insurance and in these cases you will be charged a fee for a particular test by the lab or through Idaho Brain And Body Institute.
- The specific tests ordered will be personalized to you based on your initial evaluation with an Idaho Brain And Body Institute doctor and may include blood saliva urine or stool testing.
- We will make every effort to make you fully aware of any additional lab fees that may be incurred and to give you the opportunity to choose which lab tests you feel comfortable paying for.
- You are under no obligation to purchase any specialty testing.
- Should any lab results indicate you may need further testing you will be directed to continue your care with your primary care physician or a relevant specialist, or should you choose you may continue to work with your Idaho Brain And Body Institute physician.
- At home test kits: If a lab test kit is mailed to you by Idaho Brain And Body Institute, you will be charged the day the kit is mailed.
- If your particular insurance company only pays for blood work done at a particular lab facility like LabCorp, you must inform us of this in advance of having blood work done. Most insurance plans cover labs done by major national labs – however, we do have self pay prices available for most labs.